Share the Plate
UUSD designates one Sunday of every month to offer 50% of the non-pledge collection to an area organization whose justice work aligns with UUSD’s Principles. Contributions to the Share the Plate program may be made on the designated Sunday (usually the second) of the month by placing cash or a check in the offering basket with “Share the Plate” in the memo line, online, or by mail-in check.
- Nominations for potential recipients may be made by any UUSD committee or member to the UUSD Social and Environmental Justice Committee using the Nomination Form for Share the Plate.
- The committee will review nominations and make a selection based on consistency with UUSD’s approved Resolution of Conscience, timeliness, and balance of priority areas, giving preference for a majority of choices each year to those doing work in Sussex County.
- June – Sussex Pride
- May – Family Promise of Delaware
- April – Sussex Preservation Coalition
- March – Springboard Collaborative Village in Georgetown
- January and February – Lighthouse for Broken Wings
2021 – 2022 Recipients
- November – Pathways to Success; Thank You Letter
- October – Michaela’s Place
- September – Nanticoke Indian Museum,Thank You Letter
- August – Cape Henlopen School District Homeless Liaison Program, Thank You Letter
Shawna Steinmann, Asst. Homeless Liaison; Craig Warrington, Homeless Liaison;
and Visiting Teacher, Stephanie Collick
- July – Abriendo Puertas , Thank You Letter
- June – Meals on Wheels, Thank You Letter
- May – Delaware Wild Lands, Thank You Letter
- April – ACLU Delaware, Thank You Letter
- March – Planned Parenthood of Delaware, Thank You Letter
- February – Delaware State Opportunity Scholars (Dreamers Program), Thank You Letter
- January – Lighthouse for Broken Wings; Thank You Letter