Share the Plate
UUSD designates one Sunday of every month to offer 50% of the non-pledge collection to an area organization whose justice work aligns with UUSD’s Principles. Contributions to the Share the Plate program may be made on the designated Sunday (usually the second) of the month by placing cash or a check in the offering basket with “Share the Plate” in the memo line, online, or by mail-in check.
- Nominations for potential recipients may be made by any UUSD committee or member to the UUSD Social and Environmental Justice Committee using the Nomination Form for Share the Plate.
- The committee will review nominations and make a selection based on consistency with UUSD’s approved Resolution of Conscience, timeliness, and balance of priority areas, giving preference for a majority of choices each year to those doing work in Sussex County.
- September – Cape Henlopen School District Homeless Liaison Program, Thank You Letter
Craig Warrington and Stephanie Collick of the Cape Henlopen School District Homeless Liaison Program
Heather Barony, Chief Operating Officer, and Katie Millard, Director of Development and Advocacy for Habitat for Humanity; Vicki Nichols, UUSD
Carolyn Kelly, Executive Director of Family Promise of Southern Delaware
L to r: Vicki Nichols, UUSD Share the Plate rep and Carolyn Berl, Food Services Manager and Volunteer Coordinator of Springboard Collaborative Pallet Village in Georgetown, DE
2021 – 2022 Recipients
- November – Pathways to Success; Thank You Letter
L-R: Sarah Gilmour, Pathways Outreach and Development Director, Fay Blake, Founder and Executive Director, and Dan Acker, Pathways Board of Directors Treasurer and UUSD member
- October – Michaela’s Place
L to R:Vicki Nichols, UUSD, and Laila Brooks, Regional Director of Fellowship Health Resources, Inc. (FHR), who operate Michela’s Place
- September – Nanticoke Indian Museum,Thank You Letter
- August – Cape Henlopen School District Homeless Liaison Program, Thank You Letter
Shawna Steinmann, Asst. Homeless Liaison; Craig Warrington, Homeless Liaison and Visiting Teacher; and Stephanie Collick
Shawna Steinmann, Asst. Homeless Liaison; Craig Warrington, Homeless Liaison;
and Visiting Teacher, Stephanie Collick
Toni Short, Founder, Lighthouse for Broken Wings