Unitarian Universalists are passionate about love, about community, about truth, about justice. The commitment to justice is deeply rooted in the UU tradition. It is a spiritual path we at UUSD forge and follow fervently, both locally and nationally. Our fellow activists know that members of UUSD show up and can be counted on to be active and present. Bring your passion and your energy and join us.
Our Justice Priorities
Annually, the Board of Trustees and the congregation approve a Resolution of Conscience and Statement of Purpose to guide UUSD’s justice work in five major justice areas:
- Immigrant and Refugee
- Women, Family, Gender Identity, and Sexual Orientation.
Standing on the Side of Love
Standing on the Side of Love is an interfaith public advocacy campaign that seeks to harness love’s power to stop oppression. At UUSD, we work in a variety of ways to Stand on the Side of Love. To learn more about how this program manifests in local communities, watch this video about the Love People.
We are the Love People
Our Partner Organizations
- Cape Henlopen Homeless Children
- Delaware Civil Rights Coalition
- Delaware Interfaith Power and Light (DEIPL)
- Ellendale Community Civic Improvement Association
- Immanuel Homeless Shelter
- People’s Place (shelter for victims of domestic violence)
- PFLAG Rehoboth Beach
- Progressive Interfaith Alliance
- Southern Delaware Alliance for Racial Justice
- Sussex County Refugee Resettlement Coalition
- The Way Home — holistic support for ex-offenders
- Unitarian Universalist Delaware Advocacy Network (UUDAN)