Roy Parks Memorial Social Justice Fund Application
The fund awards grants annually of up to $2,500.00 each to organizations whose justice work serving Sussex County, DE, aligns with UUSD’s Principles.
UUSD will accept grant requests from non-profits for special projects serving Sussex County. The grants are made possible by the Roy Parks Memorial Social Justice Fund, which is administered by the UUSD Social and Environmental Justice Committee. The fund awards grants annually of up to $2,500.00 each to organizations whose justice work serving Sussex County aligns with UUSD’s Mission, Vision, and Resolution of Conscience. UUSD funded four local organizations last year through the Roy Parks Memorial Social Justice Fund.
Organizations that want to apply for a grant to fund their special project should follow the Directions below
For more information, contact Mac Goekler, Co-Chair, UUSD Social and Environmental Justice Committee, at email@example.com.
Directions for applying for a grant from the Roy Parks Memorial Social Justice Fund:
- Please review the Eligibility Requirements found here.
- Eligibility to apply for grants will be limited to not-for-profit organizations directly serving residents of Sussex County, whose Justice work aligns with UUSD’s Mission, Vision, and Resolution of Conscience. It is not necessary for grant recipients to be 501c3.
- Please download the Application Form and open the Word file. Enable editing and Tab through the form to complete the application.
- Deadline is March 31, 2023.
- Save the completed Application and submit via email to SocialJustice@uussd.org or print and mail to:
Attn: Roy Parks Fund Task Force
Unitarian Universalists of Southern Delaware
30486 Lewes Georgetown Highway
Lewes, DE 19958
Grant Recipients for 2022
From the Cape Gazette on July 31: “The Unitarian Universalists of Southern Delaware have awarded grants to four local nonprofit organizations serving Sussex County. Recipients are:
- West Side New Beginnings, Rehoboth Beach;
- La Esperanza, Georgetown;
- Primeros Pasos Early Learning Center, Georgetown;
- PFLAG, Rehoboth Beach.
Grants were made possible by the Roy Parks Memorial Social Justice Fund, which is administered by UUSD. The grants to these groups ranged from $500 to $2,500.”
Current & Upcoming Justice Actions