About Unitarian Universalism
Copyright Unitarian Universalist Association
Who We Are
- We are brave, curious, and compassionate thinkers and doers.
- We are diverse in faith, ethnicity, history, and spirituality, but aligned in our desire to make a difference for the good.
- We have a record of accomplishment in standing on the side of love, justice, and peace.
- We have radical roots and a history as self-motivated spiritual people.
- We think for ourselves and recognize that life experience influences our beliefs more than anything.
- We are united by our Seven Principles, the Sources of Our Faith, and the UUSD Covenant of Good Relations.
Our Religious Backgrounds
- We are people of many beliefs and backgrounds: people with a religious background, people with none, people who believe in a God, people who don’t, and people who let the Mystery be.
- We are Unitarian Universalist and Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Pagan/Earth Based, Atheist and Agnostic, Humanist, and more.
Our Welcoming Congregation
- UUs have fought for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer equality for more than 40 years.
- At UUSD, we are people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
We welcome you: your whole self, with all your truths and your doubts, your worries and your hopes. Join us on this extraordinary adventure of faith. Get involved!