Pastoral care involves compassionate listening and spiritual nurturing for church members who are exploring difficult issues of life and faith. Our Pastoral Care Associates assist the Minister in providing pastoral care to members of the congregation.
Services Offered by the Pastoral Care Associates:
- Coordinating with the Minister or providing support in her absence
- Responding to express requests for personal contact to address spiritual, emotional or psychological distress
- Arranging for assistive devices
- Providing friendly visiting, referrals, or concrete services as appropriate
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding the identities and issues of those served.
A Helping Hands Network of volunteers is also in place to provide tangible services, such as a ride to an appointment or the store or an extra meal. Jan Daily, Co-Chair of the Pastoral Care Committee, is the coordinator of Helping Hands services.
For pastoral care emergencies or services, congregants are encouraged to call our Minister Rev. Michelle Collins at 302-703-7150 or Jan Daily at 215-582-1809.
Here is our Caring Programs Brochure (pdf) for further information.