Covenant and Affinity Groups
People come to a house of worship looking for ways to broaden and deepen their spiritual growth. One of the ways we do that at UUSD is through Covenant and Affinity Groups. We gather to share stories, ideas, joys, and sorrows and to create a community of support and caring. In these groups, we covenant with each other to listen deeply, speak honestly, and build trust.
We gather to share stories, ideas, joys, and sorrows and to create a community of support and caring. In these groups, we covenant with each other to listen deeply, speak honestly, and build trust.
How Covenant Groups work
- Each group is made up of 8-12 people who agree (covenant) to strengthen connections with each other and with our congregation.
- Groups usually meet once a month to discuss spiritual growth, life experiences, and other topics of choice.
- Group discussion helps us deepen our spiritual lives.
- Both new and long-term members have an opportunity to be in relationship in a smaller gathering.
- Requirements include confidentiality of discussions, upholding the UUSD Covenant of Good Relations, and a commitment to attend meetings.
- Active Hope Covenant (4th Thursday, 2-4 p.m.)
- Coastal Delaware (1st Wednesday)
- Connections Covenant (2nd Thursday, 7-9 p.m.)
- Family Covenant (Saturdays, 6-8 p.m., every other month)
- Goddess Group (3rd Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Jesus Study Group (3rd Friday, 3-5 p.m.)
- Lewes Group (3rd Thursday, 7-9 p.m.)
- Meditation (3rd Friday, 10:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.)
- Men’s Covenant Group (2nd Saturday, 9 a.m.)
- Millsboro Covenant Group (3rd Friday)
- Seekers by the Sea (1st Thursday, 1:30-3:30 p.m.)
- Spirit Seekers (2nd Monday, 1-3 p.m.)
- Spirit Sisters (2nd Wednesday, 4-6 p.m.)
- Western Sussex (3rd Sunday, 6-8 p.m.)
Contact our Covenant Council Coordinator. for more information about our Covenant Groups.
At UUSD, we offer group activities geared toward personal and spiritual development. These groups are formed around a common interest and provide a way for us to socialize and get to know each other better. All groups are open and welcome new members.
Current Affinity Groups
- Book Club – Meets on the 1st Monday (except September) at UUSD to discuss books chosen by the group. Check out the 2023 book list.
- Drumming Circle – Meets the third Thursday (except July and August)
- Gay Men’s Group – Meets monthly on Sunday evening for dinner and discussion.
- Memoir Writing – Meets monthly on the first Saturday
- People with Visual Challenges – Group meets every 4th Saturday to share experiences, resources, and support.
- Plant-abulous – a gathering of gardeners who meet every other month on the 3rd Saturday to share plots, plants, problems, and tips about outdoor gardening.
Need more information?
- Contact our Covenant Council Coordinator.