If there is a weather or emergency situation that requires cancelling Sunday service or another in-person event, below are the ways members and friends can learn of such cancellations:
- Check the weather closings on WBOC 16: You can find the closings by viewing WBOC TV or going to the WBOC website at http://www.wboc.com/weather.
- Check the UUSD voicemail message: Call the UUSD telephone number at 302-313-5838 for a recorded message about cancellations.
- Check the UUSD Facebook page: This page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/UUSD-Unitarian-Universalists-of-Southern-Delaware-247096461992470/. If you would like to learn how to access UUSD Facebook so you will be prepared to check on weather closings, contact Pat Schaeffer, Communications Chair, at Communications@uussd.org.
- Check the UUSD Website page: This page can be found at uussd.org. If you have any problems finding this information on the website, contact Alleane Taylor at WebsiteAdmin@uussd.org.
- Check for an email from UUSD: An email will be sent to members and friends notifying them of a weather cancellation.
Weather conditions may vary throughout our area. Please don’t take any unnecessary chances. If you feel there is significant reason to question your safety while traveling on the local roads and walking outside, please stay home. Be especially careful about weather conditions if an ice storm is in progress.