Resources, Events, and Activities in Our Denomination
Unitarian Universalist (UU) congregations establish their own policies and governance based on democratic principles. However, UUs have national, regional, and local organizations that provide services and support and host many activities and events. These organizations offer a great opportunity to extend our knowledge and friendships beyond our UUSD door and learn more about our UU denomination.
What does our Denominational Affairs Committee do?
- Informs the congregation about important decisions and activities of the UUA, CER, and other UU organizations
- Encourages active participation of UUSD members in UU programs and events
Unitarian Universalist Organizations
- National Organization: Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)
- Regional Organization: Central East Region (CER)
- Cluster of UU congregations in the Delmarva Peninsula
- Skinner House Books: Publisher of manuals, worship and church resources, and books on theology, UU history, and social justice concerns
- Beacon Press: An independent publisher of serious non-fiction and fiction books that represent the values of Unitarian Universalism
- UUA Annual General Assembly: A gathering of UUs from around the country
- UU World: A quarterly magazine to help readers build their faith and act on it
- UU’re Home: A UU Bed and Breakfast Program for UUs and other religious liberals
- Illuminations: A Mobile app that has Inspirational Words, a Chalice Lighter with several chalice options, a 7 Principles Guide in English and Spanish, and examples of the Principles in action. It is available from the iTunes App Store or Google Play