Last call for talent! Please contact Isaac Carney and Rick Welk ASAP with your name and a brief description of your act. Acts can be anything from singing, dancing, and comedy or dramatic monologues to juggling, magic acts, or anything in between. This is not a judged talent show; it is a variety entertainment show. In addition, if you would like to participate by helping out backstage or tending the door or a snack table, please let us know as well. Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or talk to them any time before or after Sunday Services. This is going to be a FUN FUNdraising Event…please be part of it! You will have FUN!
- Economic Inequality: Realities and Remedies — Three Mondays, March 5, 12, & 19, 1:45-3:15 p.m.
- Book Club Meeting — March 5 at 7 p.m — Becoming Nicole by Amy Ellis Nut
- The New UUSD Calendar is Available.
- Updated Directory of Members & Friends is available.
- Calling on All Knitting and Crocheting Enthusiasts
- New Class: Building Your Own Theology — Mondays, Jan. 15 – March 12
- Watch a Video Thank You to UUSD Fundraising
February 25, 2018
Responding to the Call
UUSD Social & Environmental Justice Committee
Four UUSD members will share why they felt called to work on one of the major social justice issues in the congregation’s Resolution of Conscience adopted in June 2017. John Sykes’ call was to environmental justice; Tara Shelton’s to gender justice; Betty Kirk’s to immigrants’ rights; and Don Peterson’s to racial justice. Vicki Nichols will provide the context for ways of engaging in justice work. Worshippers will have a chance to reflect on their opportunities for making the world a better place.
- African-American Celebration Concert: Witness, Feb. 25 at 3 p.m. by the Southern Delaware Chorale
- First Friday Fellowship — Movie: She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry, March 5 at 6:30 p.m. The public is invited.
- Rainbow Tea and Fashion Show, March 24, 11 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- UUSD’s Got Talent — Sat., May 19, 6:00 p.m.
- Cape Gazette Video: 26th Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration — See interview with Rev. Michelle