UUSD’s new and improved calendar is available now on the website. You will find it in the same place as the previous calendar — on the website Homepage in the upper right corner as well as under the blue News tab. Here is all the information you need to take advantage of the features. Read on to learn about the benefits of the new calendar and everything you need to know about using it.
Benefits of the new calendar:
- Serves visitors who might want to join us for some of our great events, activities, and programs.
- Helps the UUSD family stay better informed about all the many activities going on at UUSD.
- Helps UUSD plan the use of our space more efficiently, so events don’t overlap and planners have the time necessary before, during, and after an event.
- Provides adequate planning time for groups who need to be involved (like Property Management, the AV Team, or the Kitchen Team) so they can provide support to make events run smoothly.
- Provides more information about each event, including a description and a person to contact for more information. Users can also sort events using the All Events Category area to narrow down their search by color-coded category. For example, to find out about all the Social and Environmental Justice Events coming up, users can sort using the Social Justice label. And, people who want to see what Adult Education classes are being offered, can choose the Adult Education label, and it will display all scheduled classes.
How to request space at UUSD on the new calendar:
- There are two forms to request space at UUSD, and you only need to complete one of them. One form is to request space for activities, meetings, and classes. The second form is to request space for events or larger group meetings. Fill out the form that matches these descriptions and send it to April Rowlands, UUSD’s Administrative Assistant, at UUSDaa1@gmail.com. She will contact you as soon as your event has been scheduled.
- If you have already requested space in the coming months, those events are already on the calendar, and no further action is necessary.
- If you have any questions about which form to use or how to fill them out, please contact April at UUSDaa1@gmail.com.
Where are the forms located?
- You can find a link to the forms in three places on the website: (1) on the Homepage in the Members link at the top right; (2) at the bottom left of the Homepage; and (3) at the top of the calendar. The forms will also be available in print form in April’s office located outside the large R.E. room.
How to send the completed forms to April:
- If you fill out the printed form in April’s office, please put it in her mailbox by the printer, and she will contact you. The forms you complete on the website can be submitted to her online.
We believe these changes will go smoothly with everyone working together to make this a successful transition. If you have any questions about the process, please contact Margaret Keefe or Alleane Taylor.