This class is for new UUs as well as those born into UUism. We will reflect on our meanings, values, and convictions. This nine-session course starts on January 15 and continues through March 12, meeting each Monday between 10:00 a.m. and noon. You will need a workbook that costs $16 – UUSD will be able to obtain them for $10. We are asking for a donation of $10 for the class, so your total cost will be $20. Remember that the church down the street tells you what your theology is — here, we find our own. We suggest you sign up early, as this class is limited to 15 attendees. Sign-up sheets will be on the table under the Cloud Society Tree in the Gathering Area. Contact Rev. Michelle or Mac Goekler if you have any questions.
- Calling on All Knitting and Crocheting Enthusiasts
- Book Club Meeting — Feb. 5 at 7 p.m — Driving Miss Norma by Tim Bauerschmidt
- The Giving Corner — Donations are requested.
- Share the Plate Sunday for the Immanuel Shelter – Feb. 11
- ESL Needs Volunteers— Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5-7 p.m.
- In Case of Inclement Weather…
- New Class: Building Your Own Theology — Mondays, Jan. 15 – March 12
- Watch a Video Thank You to UUSD Fundraising
“…and service its law.” —
January 28, 2018
Len Bowman, UUSD Member
“Love is the spirit of this church, and service its law.” Here spirit and law are not opposed, for service grows naturally out of the covenant of love that binds us together. Helping out, volunteering, getting involved — all come forth from love and help love to grow. We are bound together by a covenant of love. That covenant is articulated in our Principles, and in our Mission and Vision. But it lives and grows through our working together generously.