June 14, 2015 Annual Meeting Summary Results
Board of Trustees: The congregation elected Sharon Herb and Wayne Lunstead to replace outgoing Board members Margaret Keefe and Paul Barnette. The congregation also re-elected Walt Smith for another two-year term.
Leadership Development Committee: The congregation elected Lee Summerville to the Leadership Development Committee to replace outgoing member, Ron Schaeffer, whose term had expired.
Operating Budget: The congregation approved the Operating Budget for 2015-2016 (FY2016).
Capital Budget: The congregation approved the Capital Budget for 2015-2016 (FY2016).
Resolution of Conscience and Statement of Positions: The congregation approved the Resolution of Conscience and Statement of Positions presented by the UUSD Social & Environmental Justice Committee.
UUSD Vision Statement: The congregation approved the UUSD Vision Statement as presented by the Mission and Vision Working Group, as follows: "UUSD's Vision: Creating a spiritual community embracing universal acceptance, justice, and compassion."
More information about the Annual Meeting is available on the UUSD website at: http://www.uussd.org/index.php/board-of-trustees-meeting-minutes.html.
June 14, 2014 Annual Meeting & Elections
The UUSD Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 11:30 a.m. at UUSD. All members are urged to attend or, if they are unable to attend, to submit an absentee ballot. We will be electing three members to the Board of Trustees and one member to the Leadership Development Committee, plus approving an operating budget and a capital budget for 2015-2016. In addition, we will be voting on a new Vision Statement for UUSD as proposed by the Mission and Vision Work Group, and a Resolution of Conscience and Statement of Positions, proposed by the UUSD Social and Environmental Justice Committee.
Anyone who has been a UUSD member for 30 days before the date of the Annual Meeting is eligible to vote.
The following material has been sent to members for review prior to the meeting. Copies of all of the documents are available in the Members section of our website.
- Agenda for the June 14, 2015 Annual Congregational Meeting
- A Message from the Leadership Development Committee on the Nominations Process & Voting
- Information about the Nominees (Self-Nomination Forms)
- Minutes of the June, 15, 2014 Annual Meeting
- Proposed FY2015-2016 Operating and Capital Budgets
- Proposed revised UUSD Vision Statement
- Annual Committee Reports
- Proposed Resolution of Conscience and Statement of Positions
- An absentee ballot, which contains full information on how to return it before the meeting.
Only a limited number of copies of the agenda and documents will be available at the Annual Meeting. If you wish to have these documents at the meeting, please make copies and bring them with you on June 14.
There will be a Town Hall Meeting on Sunday, June 7, at 11:30 a.m. Next year’s budget and the Resolution of Conscience and Statement of Positions will be discussed with time for questions.
Anyone with questions related to the schedule of the meeting or voting procedures may contact Gary Colangelo by email
Results of the UUSD 2014 Annual Meeting, Sunday, June 15, 2014
- Presidents' Annual Report — 2013-2014
- Lifespan Faith Development Director’s Annual Report — 2013-2014
- Music Director’s Annual Report — 2013-2014
- Committee Reports
- Results of Election
- Board of Trustees: Gary Colangelo, Deanna Duby, Dan Payne, and Joanne Saltzberg were elected to the Board of Trustees. They join incumbents Paul Barnette, Margaret Keefe, and Walt Smith.
- Leadership Development Committee: Kat Huston and Valarie Killinger were elected. They join incumbent Ron Schaeffer.
- Results of Voting on our Future Home and the Budgets were:
- Motion #1 – Purchase of Pioneer Property = 91 yes; 1 abstention
- Motion #2 – Approval of Capital Budget = 91 yes; 1 abstention
- Motion #3 – Approval of Operating Budget = 91 yes; 1 abstention
- Motion #4 –Approval of financing to purchase Pioneer Property = 92 yes
June 15, 2014 Annual Meeting & Elections
The UUSD Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, June 15 at 11:30 a.m. We will be electing four members to the Board of Trustees and two members to the Leadership Development Committee, and approving the operating and capital budgets for the next fiscal year. In addition, we will be voting on whether or not to purchase the Route 9 property from the Pioneers and to take on a mortgage to finance the purchase, construction of a sanctuary, and the renovation of the existing house. Anyone who has been a UUSD member for 30 days before the date of the Annual Meeting is eligible to vote. All members are urged to attend or, if they are unable to attend, to submit an absentee ballot.
Information about the future home has been provided over the last year in the Land and Building Committee’s updates in the newsletters, and in the Future Home and Capital Campaign sections of the UUSD website. Full plans for the sanctuary, as well as many photographs of the property and existing house, are displayed in the rear of the church, as is a model of the sanctuary interior. Information about the candidates for office has been distributed and is included the UUSD April 2014 Newsletter.
The meeting Agenda and an Absentee Ballot, which contains full information about how to vote before the meeting, has been sent to the membership, as well as the following additional information, which is available in the Members section of the website:
- Copies of the 2014-15 Operating Budget and Capital Budget
- Copy of the Agreement in Principle between UUSD and the Pioneers for purchase of the Route 9 property.
Contact Margaret Keefe with any questions you have related to the schedule of the meeting or voting procedures.
June 16, 2013 Annual Meeting & Elections
Everyone is invited to attend the Annual Meeting. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about UUSD. Voting is limited to members who have been active for a minimum of 30 days. The Agenda includes:
- Recognition of Outgoing Board of Trustees (BOT) and Leadership Development Members
- Election of New BOT Members: Nominees Paul Barnette, Margaret Keefe, Walt Smith, and any write-in candidate(s) will make brief presentations.
- Election of New Leadership Development Committee Member: Nominee Ron Schaeffer and any write-in candidate(s) will make a brief presentation(s).
- Approval of Operating Budget Totals for Fiscal Year 2013–2014: $150,036
- Approval of Capital Budget up to December 31, 2013 for Land & Building and Potential Capital Campaign: $27,000
- Annual Reports and Recognition of Committee Chairs
For more information, click on the following links or email the Board of Trustees Secretary,Margaret Keefe or phone her at 302-329-9487:
Mail absentee ballots to either of the following: Margaret Keefe, 13272 Sunland Drive, Milton, DE 19968 or Tom Evans, 512 New Castle St., Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971.
Results of the UUSD 2012 Annual Meeting, Sunday, June 17, 2012
Annual Reports 2012
- President’s Annual Report 2012
- Minister’s Report
- Lifespan Faith Development Annual Report 2012
- Church Council Annual Report 2012
- Capital Campaign Committee Annual Report 2012
- Committee on Ministry Annual Report 2012
- Communications Committee Annual Report 2012
- Denominational Affairs Annual Report 2012
- Finance Committee and Cloud Society Annual Report 2012
- Fundraising Committee Annual Report 2012
- Green Sanctuary Annual Report 2012
- Growth and Retention Annual Report 2012
- Land and Building Committee Annual Report 2012
- Land and Building Oral Annual Report 2012
- Leadership Development Committee Annual Report 2012
- Lifespan Faith Development Committee Report 2012
- Long-Range Planning Committee Annual Report 2012
- Music Committee Annual Report 2012
- Partnership Committee Annual Report 2012
- Pastoral Care Committee Annual Report 2012
- Personnel Committee Annual Report 2012
- Social Justice Committee Annual Report 2012
- Worship Committee Annual Report 2012